What is the Mate-Light
The Mate-Light is a giant pixel display. It has 640 pixels and a resolution of 40x16.
Can I display my own messages on the Mate-Light
Yes, please do so.
Connect to Mate-Light using Telnet:
There is even an App for that (Android only).
- api.matelight.rocks, TCP port 1337
How can I send my own pictures to the Mate-Light
Create a 1924 bytes long array containing the following:
Send this array as one single UDP datagram to:
- 1920 bytes containing the RGB colors for each pixel [R1, G1, B1, R2, G2, B2, ... , R640, G640, B640], 8 bits per color.
- 4 null bytes for obvious reasons ;-)
- matelight.rocks, UDP port 1337
- or matelight.visitor.congress.ccc.de, UDP port 1337
Where can I find out more?
Our Github repository has the source code and links to many other projects that use Mate-Light as a display.
What to do if you made something amazing using Mate-Light?
Please send us a note with a link to your repo or your source code to one of the following contacts:
- Our Twitter account: @cbase.
- Drop us a message in our IRC channel: #c-base on freenode
- Send an email to ukÄTc-base.org (replace the ÄT with @-symbol)